Skip to Content

Required Documents

Required Documents

Depending on your employment type and the class of property or properties involved in the transaction, there are different requirements for  information you will need to provide once you have expressed intent to proceed.  See below for help in learning about the various documenation.  Keep in mind, different loan programs require varying amounts of documentation so the one you ultimately select may require more or less information.

Are You a Salaried Employee?

This includes anyone who is compensated 100% by your employer through an annual salary. If you are looking to move forward with a home purchase or refinance soon, it is a good idea to start getting this information compiled. Luckily for you, we've created a easy checklist for you to print that will help you keep track of what documents you have and what you still need. Download & Print

  • Past two (2) years W-2 statements
  • Pay stubs covering the last thirty (30) days
  • Three (3) most recent monthly bank statements
  • Most recent transaction summary of 401K, IRA or Mutual Fund Accounts
  • Photocopies of any stocks or certificates of deposits
  • Copy of the purchase and sale agreement, if purchasing a home
  • If you are currently renting, either 12 months canceled rent checks or the name and address of your current landlord
  • If divorced, a fully executed divorce decree
  • If refinancing, a copy of the deed and most recent tax bill
  • A letter of explanation for any known credit problems

Documentation may be requested for the pre-qualification and pre-approval process.  It is the policy of Republic State Mortgage Co. that once a complete application has been submitted to a mortgage professional, that no additional documentation will be required, but may be volunatrily provided by the consumer at his or her own free will.

Are You Self-Employed?
Anyone self-employed or who owns rental real estate will need two (2) years signed personal tax returns (including all schedules). If self-employed through a corporation, the last two years corporate returns as well as a year-to-date profit and loss statement and balance sheet are also required once intent to proceed has been expressed.

Back to top